Determine the ratio of G’s and C’s over a search window
Detect CpG Islands
- Select Detect CpG Islands from the toolbox launcher.
- To begin, select whether your input is a text sequence or a file. If a text sequence, you’ll be asked to paste your sequence in the provided box. If a file, you’ll be asked to upload the file from the file explorer.
- You can optionally tune advanced parameters for the run, including the size of the window to search, and the minimum ratio of G/C observed and expected. Default settings will accomplish the needs of most users.
- When finished, click Submit to start analyzing your input.
- After pressing submit, a new tab will automatically be opened while your tool runs. You can leave this tab open and wait for the results to be created, or you can exit this tab and come back later - you can still view output via the Results tab.
- To view all Toolbox results, click “Toolbox”, then “Results” on the left-hand side of the screen. Here, you will see all Toolbox runs.
- After selecting your run, you’ll see a report detailing CpG islands in your sequence. You can choose to download the input file, output file, or both.