Launch RStudio, an integrated development environment (IDE) for R and Python
Form Bench Walkthrough
- Navigate to the RStudio IDE tab in the Form Bench launcher
- To launch a RStudio IDE instance, you must provide the following fields. Default values (where provided) are suitable for most use-cases.
- Name: Provide a name for your instance.
- VM Specification: Determine the size and capabilities of your virtual machine. Large is suitable for most applications.
- Storage: Specify the amount of storage for your instance.
- Session Duration: Determine how long your session will run for.
- When ready to begin, click Launch.
- After pressing Launch, you’ll be prompted to wait a few minutes for the virtual machine to initialize. When ready, click on your instance in the Activity tab to launch your instance.
- An RStudio instance has been initialized. You may use this the same way you would utilize RStudio on a local machine.
- Further information about RStudio may be found in the documentation here.
- The RStudio environment comes with an array of commonly used packages. You may install additional packages not included in the default instance. These libraries will not be saved after the instance is closed, so you will either have to reinstall or put in a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to add these packages to the default instance.
- Any data imported or generated will not be saved from instance to instance. It is important that the user saves any data to a folder in the file system.